Who is an allergy specialist?
An Allergist-Immunologist is a physician with
- MD degree
- Internal Medicine or pediatrics training and board certified
- Two years of advanced fellowship training in allergy and immunolgy
- Board certified in allergy and immunology
Dr. Naras Bhat, MD at Allergy and Weight Loss Center is a board certified allergist and immunologist.
Allergy specialist has expertise in following areas:
- allergy testing: allergy skin tests, allergy blood tests.
- pulmonary function (spirometry) and bronchoprovocation testing for asthma,
- food allergy testing,
- drug allergy testing and drug desensitization,
- allergen immunotherapy (allergy shots),
- testing of the immune system such as immune deficiency, immune defects
An allergy specialist treats
- allergic rhinitis,
- allergic conjunctivitis,
- chronic cough,
- drug allergy,
Allergy and Weight gain connection
New science of slimming focuses on the biochemical connections of food allergy, leaky gut syndrome (increased intestinal permiability), and weight gain. As a board certified weight loss doctor, Naras Bhat, MD integrates the two disciplines of allergy and weight loss medicine.